Pregnant is NOT pretty.....


Do I dare to voice it out loud? Yes......yes I will.....
I think pregnant bodies are gross. I find absolutely NOTHING attractive or even benign about a woman and her baby bump. When I see a pregnant woman, more often than not, an involuntary sneer of disgust curls my lip. Far more frequently than that, it literally causes bile to rise toward my throat....it is THAT bad. Seeing a pregnant woman literally makes me sick.

Even more gross and annoying is the horrific trend that the pregnant women follow is this: Since the Vanity Fair cover of Demi Moore back in 1991, women feel a need to pose naked or at least expose their gigantic pregger baby bumps for the world to see. Now some people find the pregnant female body incredibly beautiful. Some even find it a monumental sexual turn-on! Pregnancy fetishism (also called maiesiophilia or maieusphoria) seems to be just part and parcel of the larger pro-natalism in our society.

Not me thanks....*urp*.......it really does make me utterly nauseous....

It seems that there are very few ways that you can show that you are not a fan of baby bumps. Like the pictures above, you can satirize it. As long is there is HUMOR involved, then no one will criticize you for not being a fan of the bump. You can do a cartoon, meme, tell a joke about the woes of pregnancy and carrying a torpedo for 9 months....but it must stay a JOKE. For goodness sake, never express seriously that you don't appreciate the body of a pregnant woman.

I think because so many women are so uptight over their looks when they are pregnant (and afterward as well), it has become taboo to admit that you just don't find it sexy or even beautiful. Any pregnant women around don't EVER have to worry about me wanting to touch their egg sac!  I'm usually averting my eyes and trying to put more personal space between us by keeping my grocery cart in place at the checkout counter!
The 'miracle' of birth is no such thing....babies of all species are born every day. Birds, bees, dogs, cats, roaches....all of them have babies and they are not any more attractive because they are carrying larvae. But we need to reassure women that they are still 'attractive'.....so we tell them how beautiful they are while they complain of back pain, gas and swollen ankles.... Really? But the insecurity of the human being NEEDS to know they are still attractive, despite the extreme misgivings and regrets about having tread down this mystery road. So, go ahead and plan a special photo session with your baby-daddy to show just how much he loves you and finds you as attractive as the day you met...

I think this trend toward the overexposure of the body is significant in how insecure people are about the actual prospect of being parents. It's like throwing a wedding party for $100, 000 and then getting divorced two years later. Why all the fuss then? Cause it's about the attention on you, not the celebration of your marriage. Same goes for all this gross narcissism about the pregnant body....it's about paying attention to mom and showing her she's still 'hot', even if her body has morphed into something out of an Alien movie. Just don't forget to tell her she's got a 'glow' about her....

Either way....I find it gross and truly unattractive.....but....that's just me. Actually, it's not just me. I've run across sites like Whisper or Reddit or any number of forums where people can speak anonymously. I'm not the only one who gets an adrenaline rush to flee the area when a pregnant woman graces the cover of any number of magazines trying to beautify the beast. It is...what it is. Some of us just don't want to see it....but we do....everywhere....and we keep getting shamed into silence by those who need to support that market. We are told we are just as wrong for thinking a pregnant woman is gross as much as we do for being Childfree by Choice.

So, if I'm going to be criticized anyway, I may as well be open about it like the other choice I've made in my life. Whatever your feelings about the sight of a pregnant female, I remain as ever...happily Childfree by Choice.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad Pagan

Cutting ties...

Saturday Cawfee Klatsch! 5/24/14