My 50th Birthday and beyond...


It appears I've made it to a milestone.... Happy 50th Birthday to me! I didn't think I'd be celebrating the way I am today...where I am today, when I turned 50. My life has taken so many unexpected twists and turns in the past few years that I didn't anticipate this is where I'd be. Living away from NJ...in So Cal...10 minutes from the beach. Wow.....how frikkin cool!!!
A year ago, we finally finished with all the agonizing estate business after my parents deaths. I no longer had a relationship with my sibs so Sean and I asked ourselves, 'What are we waiting for?'. We wanted to move to a place where there was milder weather (NO snow!) and be nearer to the beach all year round. We both love Jersey, but couldn't endure another winter. One trip out to So Cal and I found us the little apartment in which we now reside in Oceanside, CA. Everything feels like it's happened so fast (but there was a LOT of work and planning involved)!!! I never dreamed THIS is where I'd be spending my 50th birthday! I've done so much just in this year that led up to my 50th birthday!

I drove  all the way across the country!!! Literally-East Coast to West Coast! I covered over 2,757 miles with my husband and two cats in a little economy car! Through mountains, deserts, forests, bustling cities, and little ghost towns we made our way west. The retro lovers in us were thrilled to find we unexpectedly traveled much of the way on old Route 66...Cool! I dreamt of doing it but didn't think it would ever happen. In this past year, I've also graduated from college after an absence of 20 years. I quit my job to move out West and be closer to the sand and the sea. I never minded the numerous naysayers and wet blankets who pissed on my dream to be where I am because I always believed it could happen. Now I'm looking for a fresh start on the California coast, with new people, and with new opportunities!
50 seems to be about stepping even further out of my comfort zones. I have been a Jersey girl all my life. I've traveled, but never lived anywhere else but New Jersey. My hubby was in the Marine Corps, so he's been around the world and not unfamiliar with moving about as I am. But...this is so good! This is growth...learning...adventure...experience....LIFE! Even when it's uncomfortable, it's fun and it gives us memories and stories to share later on. It has not been a perfect journey or a perfect life...I do find it daunting at times. My hubby and I also miss the familiarity and quirky nature, people, places and attitudes of my beloved home state of New Jersey. But this is where I am on my 50th birthday and I am content with it all,

My spiritual growth is immense right now as well. I have been directed by Yemaya for some time now to move closer to the sea. It was She who came to me in dreams...inspired...motivated and led me where I am. I feel her presence every day and She will let me know what She thinks I should do next. The peaceful surge of energy I feel every time we look at the ocean and smell the salt air is Her loving gift to me. I know She has more work for me ahead...and for all She has done for me, I am grateful for Her presence in my life. She wants me to learn more of the Craft of the oceans and water ways and to be a more learned Sea Witch...and so, I shall. It makes me happy to do so...
For today....hubby and I will be heading to San Diego for cake, coffee, cocktails and meeting some Facebook friends for the first time. We'll raise a glass to celebrate not just the 50 years behind me...but all the wonder of life yet to come. I know that going forward, part of my path will involve working to help others make the changes for themselves to a happier life. The happier I am, the more I can share and motivate others to pursue their dreams. I'm looking forward to learning new things, challenges, growth, making new friends and acquaintances, and just enjoying this life that I've got. 50 years of life experience behind me to season the next. Life is so very good.....

THIS is going to be an awesome birthday!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad Pagan

Cutting ties...

Saturday Cawfee Klatsch! 5/24/14