New home for Childfree Moxie!


Hi there! Welcome to Childfree Moxie! Glad you could join me. This blog was previously on Wordpress...but I really didn't like their set up. Not much creative freedom for my taste. I already have another blog here-Mid-Stride Moxie!- and if you're so inclined, feel free to mosey over there and read about the rest of my crazy life!

This blog is just devoted to my life as a woman who is Childfree by Choice.  I know there are those who want kids but could never have them....this is probably not the place for you. I have many friends who do have kids but are very supportive of my choice not to have any. This is not a place, however, to talk about the joys of parenthood. This is also not a place to talk about the joys of being an aunt or uncle. This is actually not a place to talk about kids.

This is about living life in a society that is extremely pronatalist and often treats children like little cult icons. Those who don't want children often become hostile against 'breeders' who insist that there is something terribly wrong with a person who doesn't like to be around kids and doesn't want them. Those who, like myself, come to terms with a desire not to have, give birth to or raise children in any way often find the pressures and hostility of an incredulous society a bit tough to bear. Often, those Childfree by choice are accused of being selfish instead of simply exercising good judgement.

Knowing you don't want to be a parent.....why would you have kids in spite of that? You'd be unhappy, the people around you would be unhappy, and the child would be unhappy. There are enough unhappy people in the world that choosing to remain Childfree absolutely allows me to share my happiness with the world. There are enough miserable people in the world and I don't want to be one of them. My life is quite complex enough and I am a middle-aged, Childfree woman living in the new millennium. It's scary to think how much work is still left to be done for real tolerance and acceptance.

So, these are my continuing adventures and there will be much more to come. Be aware that Childfree Moxie is not just a title. I've reached the stage in my life that I say what I think and feel and I'm not going to apologize if you don't agree. I think we can have respectful discourse, but don't think you can run me down or I will go Jersey on your ass!

For now, thank you again for being here. Please read back on the older articles in the archive. Now that I've moved this over here to Blogger where I am very comfortable with the layout and such, I'll be able to post easier and more often. See you soon!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad Pagan

Cutting ties...

Saturday Cawfee Klatsch! 5/24/14