My Mid-Stride Soundtrack-Vol. 3: The Sun Rises...


2014 has arrived and with it, opportunities to make some changes. I have had a long and difficult journey this past year. The last volume of the Soundtrack was dedicated to the memory of my mother as I approached the first anniversary of her passing. Since that time, my Dad has passed as well and my life just seemed to become more dark, cold and cloudy. I have feuded with my siblings, adjusted to new work environments, and just kept going...often on autopilot. Grieving, moving, living....supported by the love and steadfast support of my beloved husband, Sean and my darling and devoted friends. With the passage of time, the weight is beginning to lift off my shoulders, and the sun is starting to shine again. I'm seeing a brighter horizon for the first time in a long time and am now looking to the future.

I've learned a bit more about myself and what I am able to handle. And now...for the first time in nearly my entire adult life, I can think about what *I* want to do. I can go forward and live MY life. Granted, my husband is my partner, we make decisions together, but I am able to go forward and plan from what I want to do, not just where I might be needed. Weird feeling...not one I'm used to at all, but still good.   So...looking forward with a bit more optimism than I have had before, I felt I should start the year off with a soundtrack that reflects my thoughts as I move toward the sun on my horizon... Enjoy the songs friends...may they heal, hold and inspire you as well...


The Beatles-Here Comes the Sun. For my husband, the true Beatles fan...and in many a dark day, he has been the spark of light that has kept me going. For me....'it's been a long, cold, lonely winter...' Yes it has...but at last... here comes the sun....and it's alright...



Talking Heads-Take Me to the River. I have been intensely focused on water, lately. But I think this song has been going through my head, because to me it speaks of washing away the past. All the bad, the hurt, the history....to move on, you must first let go. And the first thing to do is to cleanse and purify....wash away the negative with water....ruler of emotions....washing me down...



Des'Ree-Ya Gotta Be... This song has been a consistent anthem in my life when I've gotten lost in the shadows and not sure what to do. It brings me back to basics to remind me who I am. 'You gotta be bad, you gotta be bold, you gotta be wiser...' Damn right I am, sister...



John Denver-Sweet Surrender. "There's a spirit that guides me, a light that shines for me. My life is worth livin', I don't need to see the end..." Thanks John...this gentle and inspiring song has helped to heal my soul and lifted my spirits up since I first heard it in 1975...'Sweet, sweet surrender...Live, live without care...' Wow, I don't know if anyone has ever said it better....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad Pagan

Cutting ties...

Saturday Cawfee Klatsch! 5/24/14